The American Society for Cytotechnology (ASCT) is pleased to announce the creation of a new academic scholarship for cytotechnology students. The scholarship was created in honor and memory of Robert “Bob” Gay, who was a long-time supporter and founding member of the ASCT. For more than thirty years, Bob Gay made significant contributions to the field of cytotechnology in the roles of cytology supervisor, as an education coordinator, and a Program Director of several cytotechnology programs. Mr. Gay was dedicated in his support and advocacy for the field of cytology.
Following the establishment of The Bob Gay Lecture Series in 2012, the Bob Gay family decided to sponsor a $1000 Student Scholarship. The $1000 scholarship will be awarded yearly to a cytotechnology student who has demonstrated academic excellence and potential to make contributions to the cytology profession. This scholarship will be open to all students who have been enrolled in accredited schools of cytotechnology for at least six months.
To qualify, eligible students must be a member of ASCT, have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0, submit of one letter of recommendation, and submit a 500 word essay highlighting the student’s motivation for choosing cytotechnology as a profession as well as professional goals after graduation.
Information highlighting further details of the scholarship will be distributed to cytotechnology schools this fall with a deadline for submission of all materials by early 2015. The recipient of the scholarship will be honored at the 2015 ASCT Annual Scientific Conference that will be held on May 1-3, 2015 at the Hotel Sheraton in Downtown Nashville, TN. (The recipient will be funded by ASCT Services, Inc. to attend the Conference.)
Application deadline is February 15, 2015-all materials. Notification is March 14, 2015.
Bob Gay Scholarship Overview
Bob Gay Scholarship Application
ASCT Membership Renewal!
Please do not forget to renew your membership with ASCT. You are important to this society!
As the future ahead of us is changing, it is very important to stay connected and share valuable ideas on how to keep our profession stronger and relevant. The ASCT stands behind the motto that when we work together, we can shape our future.
Thank you, again, for joining and contiuing your membership with the American Society for Cytotechnology. Please continue to enjoy the many benefits of your membership!
All categories open to International Members
- General or Associate Membership - $60 per year
- Retired Membership - $30 per year
- Student Membership - $20 per year (ASCT is extending the $20.00 membership rate for students for one year following graduation).
- General or Associate Membership (2 years) - $115
ASCT Membership has many privileges:
- The Voice, the official newsletter of the ASCT. The Voice will be your resource guide to current topics and trends in our field.
- Discounts on ASCT educational webinars, publications and products, and registration at the ASCT Annual Conference.
- Quality Assessment Workbenches
- The knowledge that you are supporting your fellow cytotechnologists who volunteer as ASCT Officers, Regional Directors and Committee Chairs.
- Access to "Ask ASCT". As an ASCT member you now have access to a wealth of knowledge and resources. Visit the Member’s Only Section to access “Ask ASCT” and view the directory of topics and contacts. You can email your questions directly from the website.
- Trying to track down a long lost colleague? The ASCT Membership Directory is at your service. The directory is located in the Members Only section of the website. Not a member? Join ASCT or renew your membership today! International members are accepted in all membership categories.
- Career Center
- 2014 revised Introduction to the Cytopreparation Laboratory online course