- About ASCT
- Join Us
- Annual Conference
- The Voice
- Career Center
- Student Forum
- Education Plus
Renewing your Membership
ASCT membership is easy to complete online by following the instructions below.
You may complete your membership renewal online or print an application form and send it in via mail or fax. International members are welcomed in all categories.
- If you are a current member, log into the website with your user ID and password and then click on Update Profile on the left-hand side of the screen to continue your renewal process and make any contact information updates.
- If you are a new member, please click here in order to set up your user profile.
- To access your online user account, you must first set up a user name and password.
The ASCT appreciates your continued support!
As you can see the ASCT has been busy this year in fulfilling our mission and vision, to serve you and our profession as the collective voice for cytotechnologists.
- ASCT represented the cytotechnology profession by attending and participating in the meetings of the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Advisory Committee (CLIAC), and sponsoring a survey to address the Notice of Proposed Rule Making (NPRM) for cytology Proficiency Testing (PT). Our membership survey results were presented to the Centers for Medicare&Medicaid Services (CMS).
- ASCT represented cytotechnologists in the workforce by being an active member organization of the Coordinating Council on the Clinical Laboratory Workforce (CCCLW) and sponsoring the ASCT 2009 Wage and Vacancy Survey. The Survey Results have been mailed to our members.
- ASCT represents cytology laboratories as an active participant in the Joint Commission (JC) Professional and Technical Advisory Committee (PTAC), helping to develop and revise cytology accreditation standards for the JC Standards Improvement Initiative (SII). The ASCT is also an active member of the Cytopathology Education and Technology Consortium (CETC), contributing and endorsing the “HPV Test Utilization” document this year.
- ASCT represented cytotechnology educators by endorsing the “Cytology Schools Under Threat” letter sponsored by the American Society of Cytopathology (ASC) and co-sponsoring a Cytotechnology Educators’ Forum with the ASC.
Use your membership to show support for such continued activities and efforts on your behalf and for our profession. And to acknowledge your fellow cytotechnologists who, as ASCT Board Members, Regional Directors, Committee Chairs and Committee members volunteer thousands of hours annually to ensure that the mission and goals of the Society are accomplished.